Conference - Art and a the changing landscape
The New Patrons and the Department of Culture, Youth and Media of the Flemish Government - Section Art in Public Space - invite you cordially for the conference ‘Art and the Changing’ on Thursday November 8 at 9:30 am in Brussels. An inspirational day where artists, (inter)national experts and local actors get together to talk about the different roles of art in the changing landscape of Flanders.
The initial idea for a conference was inspired by the project developed in Herzele (Flanders) by Michael Beutler. The project is a commission from Arpia and mediated by The New Patrons. The project touches upon a lot of aspects that can be aligned to changes in the landscape of Flanders today and by extension Europe.
We would like to address the following issues during the conference:
- What does the tension between the urban and the rural mean for the future of landscapes and open space in Flanders?
- How should cultural landscapes evolve?
- How does an artist look at these changes and dynamics?
- How can different perspectives meet each other?
Some (inter)national experts show inspiring examples or talk about the landscape from their own perspectives and disciplines. Among others we welcome Michael Beutler, prof.em. Marc Antrop (Ugent), Katja Assmann, director of the ZKR (Zentrum für Kunst und öffentlichen Raum) in Berlin.
- When: Thursday November 8 2018 from 9:30am to 16:30 pm
- Where: Beursschouwburg, Rue A. Orts 20-28, 1000 Brussels
- Language: English and Dutch (translation will be provided)
- Entrance fee: 25€. Students and artists: 15€. Cash payment on the day itself is possible.
- Programme: here
- Registration: send a mail to email@example.com
As part of the conference, the New Patrons organise a visit to the site in Herzele where Michael Beutler will incorporate his art work. This visit will take place: Wednesday November 7 from 1 pm to 5 pm, in the presence of the artist. Registration: send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.